Monday, April 19, 2010

What Every Man Should Know About Style - Shoes

With all of the styling I've done over the years, I've noticed still the one gender that lacks style are males. So what I've decided to do is to help out the guys a little more and give you a little more guidance so that you too can be chic anytime. It took a while to see how I could approach this topic NICELY, lol. Anyone who knows me, knows that when I start talking fashion I can get REAL. So guys here's to your new look and please, Please, PLEASE take my advice. Ladies, feel free to take this advice too for your man.

Let's start with shoes... Gentlemen, when wearing a suit, it is meant to worn with a dress shoe. Preferably one thaqt ties i.e. Oxford or Wingtips. The ONLY reason why you may see a sneaker such as a Chuck Taylor with a suit was merely for editorial purposes. Its showing the suit as the main focus. You will NEVER be able to get a decent job (especially in this economy) with a pair of sneakers with a suit, its unprofessional. There is no foot pain so severe, no dress shoe so fragile, no commute so horrific that would justify why you wear a sneaker with a suit. I understand dress shoes may be pricey. However, for those that are on a budget, there are GREAT stores that have GREAT comfortable shoes for lower prices i.e. Nordstrom Rack, K&G, Syms and DSW. Not only does a nice pair of dress shoes make a statement, they promote confidence...

Remember, "How you look, tells the world how you feel". -Sergio Valente

No comments:

Post a Comment